June Gregory Parr passed away peacefully at her home in Charlestown Retirement Community after a brief illness.
Born Lois June Gregory in New Kensington, PA, June moved as an adolescent to Catonsville and attended Catonsville High School to become a legal secretary. She met many of her lifelong friends in Catonsville, including her future husband, Frank Timothy (Tim) Parr. June and Tim were married on September 18, 1948 at St. Mark Church. After a short stint living and working in Philadelphia, the couple returned to Catonsville and raised four children: Mary Lee Parr Busick(Charleston, SC), Frank Timothy Parr, Jr. (Ellicott City, MD), Mark Gregory Parr (deceased), and Patrick James Parr (Darien, CT).
June and Tim were strong supporters of their faith and Catholic education. Their children attended local Catholic schools including: St Mark School, Archbishop Keough High School, Mt. St. Joseph High School and Loyola College. As parents, June and Tim were active in the schools’ mother’s clubs, father’s clubs, and athletic associations.
June and Tim moved to Charlestown Retirement Community in 2000 after Tim was diagnosed with a form of dementia. Two years later(following Tim’s passing), June set out to see the world. She traveled extensively in North America, South America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia/New Zealand—touching virtually every continent except Antarctica. One of June’s favorite haunts, however, was close to home—her condominium in Ocean City, Maryland where June spent time each summer socializing, shopping and listening to the waves.
June was blessed with many years of good health, and in addition to her travel adventures, her favorite pastimes included spending time with her many friends, four children, nine grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
June will be best remembered for her:
• Support of her children’s sports activities—serving in many roles from driver for swim lessons to little league baseball scorekeeper
• Skill in sewing, smocking, quilting and other crafts
• Interest in cooking and baking
• Love of sports and social activities, including golf, bridge and entertaining over cocktails, especially Manhattans
• Devotion to the Catholic faith, including 50+ years as a member of St. Mark parish (Catonsville) and subsequently, Our Lady of the Angels (Charlestown Retirement Community)
• Commitment to volunteer activities, including her role as a table captain for the Charlestown Treasure Sale
• Unwavering love and devotion as a friend, wife, mother, sister and aunt, grandmother and great-grandmother
June’s grandchildren hold her especially dear, and they include: Katharine Lee Walker, Sarah Marie Heckler, Emily Elizabeth Parr, Elaine (Lanie) Theis Cauceglia, Alexander Gregory Parr, Lucille (Lucy) Rush Parr, Isabelle Ann Parr, Bridget Russell Parr and Rory June Parr.
June will be interred at Loudon Park Cemetery. The family requests donations in June’s honor be made to Our Lady of the Angels Church at Charlestown Retirement Community.
Services and Interment are private.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of June Gregory Parr, please visit our floral store.
Our Lady of the Angels
711 Maiden Choice Lane, Catonsville MD 21228